Monday, April 27, 2015

Back to the 80's

Hello Prettiful!

I am not going to lie, sometimes it can be hard to think of a makeup look every week. Not because I can't come up with anything but because there are so many looks I wanna show you!

So as I hmmmm'd and hawww'd, I thought I would mix things up. Let's pay some homage to that glorious stylized decade that was the 80's. The time of bright blue frosted eyeshadow and bacon strip blushed cheeks. Thankfully I left those unfortunate details in the 80's but put a new spin on them!

Chyea! Totally check it out.




To get this look and not this look














:

Step 1.
If you have read my posts before this step won't come as a shock. Taking an eyeshadow that is slightly darker than your skin tone, I use "M5" from the Smashbox Full Exposure palette, sweep this into your crease to help blending.

Step 2.
Apply a light colour into the inner corners of your eyes. I use NYX's Jumbo Pencil in "Milk". Blend the edges.

Step 3.
Apply a darker colour to smoke out the outer corners. I used "M7" from the same Smashbox palette. Blend away into your crease

Step 4.
Help these colour blend harmoniously with a colour like "Glama" from Salty Cosmetics. Pat on your lid.

Step 5.
Taking an angled brush and a black/grey/brown colour shadow (your choice of the three), lightly line the tops and bottoms of your eyes. The key to this look is creating a thicker liner on the bottoms lashes as opposed to the usual top.

Step 6.
Take a bright blue, I used M.A.C.'s Electric Eel eyeshadow and brush that along your lower lash line. Add a little shimmer with a liquid eyeliner like Nicka K New York's Shimmer Eyeliner in "Blue". Add this on top of the blue eyeshadow.

Step 7.
Add your favourite mascara and tada!

Extras:
Today I used Urban Decay's Naked Weightless Ultra Definition Foundation in 1.0
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer
NARS blush in "Orgasm"
Lancome Lipstick from the Rouge in Love line. Not sure what shade but it's bright pink!

Hope you enjoy this totally radical look!

Love & Lisa Frank forever,


No comments:

Post a Comment